Junior Buyer Beauty
Zalando's success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world's best online fashion experience.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing and accessories. Category Management's task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
We want you to aim high and there's no time to lose: we're offering a permanent position to start immediately in our Category Management team in Berlin Friedrichshain. As a Junior Buyer (m/f) in Beauty you'll realize buying processes for one customer segment, starting from selecting the assortment to the details of the contracts. You'll keep an eye on all relevant key data and decide when and which products are bought and at what price. You'll work closely with our product supply management and our suppliers, with whom you'll negotiate conditions. Last, but not least you'll have to spot new trends while keeping the business side in mind.
* You'll be responsible for extending and optimizing the Beauty assortment
* You'll acquire new suppliers and take care of the existing supplier relations
* You'll negotiate conditions with suppliers independently
* You'll setup and supervise the suppliers planning
* It's your task to keep track of all relevant KPIs
* In order to ensure the availability of articles you'll work closely with our product supply management
* Our colleagues in Marketing, Logistics and Onsite Management will also be important contacts for your work
What you've got
* You are proud of an above-average university degree
* You already have professional experience in buying or a related field as well as a Beauty background
* Negotiation is in your blood, and you are always a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers and other stakeholders
* Your excellent analytical skills put you top of the class and you just love working with numbers
* You can use Excel and the MS Office package in your sleep
* You have mastered both written and spoken negotiations in English beautifully
* Your work showcases your quick thinking and proactive attitude, which also means you keep on top of things in a fast-paced environment
What you can expect
Ours is one of the most spectacularly successful stories in e-commerce. When you join us, you can not only expect to become part of an extraordinary and ambitious team, but a whole lot more: Zalando is a dynamic working environment where something new happens every day. We are indeed shaping the face of online fashion retail.
* We have an international team of experts to inspire and support you
* Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
* We offer you the security of an expanding company with more than 10,000 employees, a company pension scheme
* Attractive employee discounts in our online shop and other benefits
* An easily accessible workplace right in the heart of Berlin
Want to join us?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Melda via