Uniqlo is a modern Japanese company that inspires the world to dress casually.
Uniqlo has enjoyed strong growth by offering high-quality casual wear at reasonable prices based on its SPA (Specialty Store Retailer of Private Label Apparel) business model, which spans product design, manufacture, distribution and retail.
The first Uniqlo store opened in 1984 in Japan. Uniqlo now has more than 1900 stores and worldwide operations, including the U.K., China, Hong Kong, South Korea, the United States, France, Singapore, Russia, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Germany, Belgium, Australia and Canada.
Part of the Fast Retailing group, Uniqlo is truly determined to achieve the goals in the group's mission statement: "Changing clothes. Changing conventional wisdom. Change the world." and to become the #1 Retail Apparel Group in the world.
As the Maintenance Manager for Germany, you will be responsible for all UNIQLO facilities in Germany. Your main responsibilities include:
- Set up and manage maintenance organization with local vendors
- Manage preventative maintenance in compliance with local requirements and regulations
- Manage all on-site installations, repairs, maintenance, and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Cooperate with and brief outside companies working in UNIQLO facilities
- Budget preparation as well as budget and cost management
- Ensure excellent service and customer support for all stores as well as the head office, including regular store visits
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document processes
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with operations team and share information across the organization
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Build positive relationships with stores, local vendors and other stakeholders
- Proven field service experience
- Experience in overviewing and managing diverse and complex tasks and structures
- Luxury/retail maintenance experience is a plus
- General handyman skills, painting, decorating, cleaning HVAC filters etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service lighting and electrical systems is a plus
- Very good communication skills in German and English language (written and spoken)
- Good organization skills
- Good analytical skills
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications