Operations Lead - Product
Zalando's success tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world's best online fashion experience.
For our private label team, we are looking for a Product Operations Lead to join the existing structure. This is a newly created role and is a key hire for our team. Reporting directly into our VP of Product and Merchandising, you will be focused on Supply Chain Strategy and Buying Excellence.
* Critical Path Management: Detecting and Implementing best practices. Challenging the status quo to have the ability to react faster to the market trends. Ensuring that timelines are met and consistency across all teams is guaranteed.
* Delivery Scheduling: Making sure that the delivery curves in all areas match the customer demand curves. Always Asking questions: Do we have enough width at all times during the season?
* Timings: Revising the timings with the different teams to ensure that we can be flexible and reactive to customer needs. Making sure that we have the right milestones: development trips, store checks, number of drops, etc.
* Quality Control and Chemical Tests: Building a strong relationship with Quality Control and Chemical Testing teams. Agreeing on the processes, the timings and then making decisions on testing.
* Fabric Booking and Capacity Blocking: Defining the Fabric Booking and Capacity processes together with the Strategic Vendor Management team.
* Key Projects & Strategy: Supporting Key Projects in the product area. Implementing Strategic Direction.
* Relationship Building: Building key relationships with Z Labels Stakeholders. Defining and streamlining processes and standards and ensuring follow up with all the different teams.
* Sampling Process: Guaranteeing the right sampling process across all the teams. Ensuring final Samples are correct for E-commerce Content Creation/ Imagery.
* Supply Chain Management: Keeping the relationship with SCM as well as sales and making sure that the team are keeping our systems always updated
WHAT YOU'VE GOT
* You will be a very experienced Fashion Buying Professional with 5 to 7 years of experience as a Senior Fashion Buyer.
* You will be an expert in Fashion Procurement and Supply Chain Management. It is something that you feel passionately about and is a strength of yours.
* You will be from an Own Buy/ Product Development background and you will know the importance of consistency within Supply Chain Management Processes.
* You will have a structural mindset and have the ability to solve problems in a complex structure.
* You will be capable to influence many stakeholders without being their direct leader.
* You are confident to be able to make decisions by yourself, escalating topics when necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER
Ours is one of the most spectacularly successful stories in e-commerce. But we mostly prefer to concentrate on writing the next chapter. When you join us, you can not only expect to become part of an extraordinary and ambitious team, but a whole lot more:
* Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day - expect to feel challenged daily.
* An international team of experts to inspire and support you
* The security of an expanding company with more than 12,000 employees
* Attractive compensation in line with market standards, a company pension scheme, and great employee discounts in our online shop
* An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
* A feel-good team: We don't just work well together; we also like to get together after work
Want To Join Us?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Lucy via