Senior Buyer- Fast Fashion Shoes
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing, to home ware and accessories. Category Management's task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
As Senior Buyer (m/f) for Women's Footwear Fast Fashion you'll realize buying processes for our Young Fashion customer segment, starting from selecting the assortment to the details of the contracts. You keep an eye on all relevant key data and decide when which products are bought at which price. You'll work closely with our product supply management and suppliers, with whom you'll negotiate conditions.
* You will be responsible for the growth and optimization of the Fast Fashion Assortment in the women's footwear department
* You will acquire new suppliers and take care of the existing supplier relations
* You will negotiate conditions with suppliers independently
* You will setup and supervise the suppliers planning
* You will keep track of all relevant key KPIs
* In order to ensure the availability of articles you will work closely with our product supply management
* You will support junior buyers and buying assistants in developing their skills
* Our colleagues in marketing, logistics and onsite management will also be important contacts for your work
* You will report into the Teamlead Buying Women's Fashion Shoes and take decisions within your area of responsibility in coordination with your lead
* You will travel to London and other European cities for Buying appointments and Trade Shows regularly
What you've got
* You have a minimum of 4 years professional experience in buying or a related field, ideally in women's footwear and/or fast fashion and have an extraordinary sense of fashion and trends
* You have experience with international brand relations management
* Negotiation is in your blood, and you always cut a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers and other stakeholders
* Your excellent analytical skills put you top of the class
* You can use Excel and the MS Office package
* You have great presentation skills and present to management of different levels confidently
* You have mastered both written and spoken negotiations in English beautifully
* You work in an organized and structured manner
* Your work showcases your quick thinking and proactive attitude, keeping you on top of things in a fast-paced environment
What we have in store for you
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
* Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
* An international team of experts to inspire and support you
* Coaching and training opportunities to bolster your potential and expand your career
* A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results - our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
* Colleagues who not only work well together, but also have lots of fun
* A lively working atmosphere where you can also show off your sporting prowess at table football
Want to join us?
Then we´d be more than happy to receive your application.