Sourcing Assistant - Shoes
zLabels is Zalando's fashion subsidiary. Located in the heart of Berlin, we develop fashion brands handling every step in the product lifecycle from initial design right through to distribution. When designing for new labels we draw inspiration from haute couture collections and young unconventional designers. We have a wide range of fashion labels and brands: from sporty men's fashion to refined women's wear up to modern kids shoe collections.
The Strategic Vendor Management department (SVM) is responsible of driving the long term supplier strategy, aligning all departments and needs. It manages the end-to-end supplier sourcing and on-boarding process, regular supplier performance reviews, supplier development and partnership programs and supplier related routines, working in close collaboration with our product and operation teams.
There's no stopping us growing and we are looking for you to join our team to start immediately as Sourcing Assistant with a focus on executing the supplier strategies for all shoe product categories in zLabels at our beautiful Berlin Friedrichshain location.
* You will keep our database structured and organized, ensuring availability of all the relevant documents
* It is your responsibility to take care of several administrative and organizational tasks e.g. travel booking, supplier meetings, etc.
* You will support and manage standard reports and conduct ad hoc analysis
* You will use your great communication skills and create positive outcomes in dealing with multiple groups
* You will support the team in reviewing the zLabels Vendor base in any ad-hoc projects
* You are responsible in maintaining good supplier relationships and communication
* You are in charge of new suppliers and factory on-boarding and stay in close contact with the relevant stakeholders to ensure a smooth onboarding process
* You will act as the key point of contact for our suppliers for any issues that they may face and coordinate cross-functionally so that a solution is found
* You are ensuring data across systems are always accurate and up-to-date
What you've got
* You are a bachelor's degree level graduate or you bring in relevant experience
* Ideally you already have experiences in organizational and administrative functions
* Good organization is one of your biggest strengths, you are service-oriented and get straight to the heart of important information
* You are very good in working with databases and data management and you put much attention to detail
* You feel responsible for your and your team's results, which is why you'll always have an eye on our high standards of quality
* You have very good communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with suppliers and other teams
* You never drop your standards or your passion to drive business and commercial processes forwards
* You are self-motivated, eager to learn about sourcing and you are an enthusiastic person who loves to be a part of a team
* As part of an international team, communicating with your colleagues in English is a must
* You take MS Office in your stride including the ability to create presentations and prepare complex spreadsheets specifically Microsoft Excel and Power Point
What You Can Expect
Our recipe for success: Think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. We do of course have a lot more to offer:
* Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
* A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results - our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
* A dynamic and highly motivated international team of experts to inspire and support you
* A feel-good team: We don't just work well together, we also like to get together after work
* Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
* The security of an expanding company with more than 11,000 employees and a company pension scheme
* Everything your retail-loving heart could desire thanks to our attractive employee discounts in our online shop
* An easily accessible workplace right on the main artery of one of Berlin's hottest districts
Want To Join Us?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!