Team Lead Quality Management - Shoes &Amp; Accessories
Zalando's success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world's best online fashion experience.
zLabels is Zalando's fashion subsidiary. Located in the heart of Berlin, we develop fashion brands handling every step in the product lifecycle from initial design right through to distribution. When designing for new labels we draw inspiration from haute couture collections and young unconventional designers. We have a wide range of fashion labels and brands: from sporty men's fashion to refined women's wear up to modern kids shoe collections. Some of our brands and labels like mint&berry, Zign and Twintip have become extremely successful during the last few years, establishing ourselves as a professional fashion company. We plan to continue and build upon this success in the future.
* You'll be responsible for the Quality Management Team Shoes & Accessories Business Unit
* You'll provide direction on quality footprint and strategy to improve our products and customer satisfaction
* You'll lead a team of 12-14 Berlin-based staff and 16+ decentralized staff in our sourcing countries where you'll report to the Head of Operations
* You'll develop a strong Quality Control organization in supporting our internal stakeholders such as product teams and external stakeholders such as suppliers and factories
* You'll optimize end-to-end processes to become more efficient
* You'll manage our 3rd party providers in Quality Control areas at source and in our dedicated central warehouse
* You'll use performance numbers to identify development areas and to steer resources according to the business impact
* You'll report on a monthly basis at minimum regarding quality performance of our products based off of customer feedback, findings during Quality Control, and insights from product teams, etc.
* You'll manage the total budget of Quality Control and monitor monthly trends to optimize total costs
* You'll take ownership in driving quality improvement programs across the company
* You'll ensure ongoing development of the Quality Management systems, database, tools, manuals and processes to meet business demands
* You'll engage with key stakeholders, designing and delivering relevant communications and trainings
* You'll travel approximately 20-30% of the time as needed to source and vendor locations
What You've Got
* You hold a bachelor's degree at minimum, in technical production, general management or a relevant subject matter, an occupational qualification as Auditor or Quality Management Representative is a plus
* You have +8 years' robust experience in quality management, strategy and supplier/factory improvement programs with a focus on footwear and/or accessories brands or retailers, or with industry bodies overseeing quality
* You have an established network of experts and have working knowledge of international best practice standards
* You have a hands-on mentality with the ability to translate expert supply chain knowledge into action plans for the organization
* You have an analytical, strategic and problem solving approach with a strong need to drive and implement change
* You do not shy away from numbers, but rather use them to trigger continuous improvement programs with tangible action plans
* You have great communication skills and the ability to create positive outcomes with multiple groups
* You're a people grower and have experience mentoring staff and overseeing their career development and training plans
* You have proven leadership experience, enjoy managing a team, solid training skills and very good interpersonal skills
* You have an ability to develop strategic direction and approaches to supply chain challenges
* You are a fast decision-maker and are solutions oriented, with enthusiasm and determination to see-through projects to success
* You have personal integrity and professional conduct that reflects Zalando's Code of Conduct and Values
What You Can Expect
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
* Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
* A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results - our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
* A dynamic and highly motivated international team of experts to inspire and support you
* Also a feel-good team: We don't just work well together, we also like to get together after work
* Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
* The security of an expanding company with more than 10,000 employees and a company pension scheme
* Everything your retail-loving heart could desire thanks to our attractive employee discounts in our online shop
* An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
Want To Join Us?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!