Director - Legal Web3 & Digital (M/F/D)
Land : Deutschland
Bundesland : Bayern
Stadt : Herzogenaurach
Berufsfelder : Consulting, Rechtswesen
Vertragsform : Festanstellung
Arbeitszeit : Vollzeit
This position will directly contribute to the adidas Metaverse Studio vision and mission and lead and coordinate the adidas Metaverse Studio legal affairs and act as legal counsel to its senior leadership team.
This experienced and innovative lawyer will work on multi-jurisdictional deals to forge partnerships for Metaverse experiences by, among others, leveraging soft and hard IP, designing technology contracts and validating the desired consumer journey.
- Serve as legal lead and Single Point of Contact for all Metaverse related legal topics
- Represent Global Legal function in all senior leadership (GM and VPs/Sr. Directors) meetings
- Advise on, and coordinate (i) all Metaverse relevant legal aspects including commercial & contract law aspects, patents and trademarks. Dispute resolution aspects, consumer laws, data security and privacy, digital assets and securities and interoperability and antitrust (ii) legal topics relating to the broader Digital space
- Effectively communicate legal risks, options, solutions and potential consequences relating to topics and projects in the Metaverse Studio and the broader Digital legal space on a day-to-day basis and support implementing risk mitigation measures as appropriate
- Devise, initiate, and drive new ways of working and processes to maintain business confidentiality and ensure high ethical standards
- Stay current on all (legal) developments in the Metaverse (web3 and NFTs, in particular) and Digital law space
- Strategically lead and be responsible for legal needs by providing comprehensive legal support to Digital & Tech business partners, including counselling, contract review, drafting and negotiation, structuring a variety of transactions, legal risks assessment and dispute avoidance to protect adidas interests
- Continuously expand and upgrade knowledge and skills by utilizing resources such as reading materials and attending and offering training workshops.
- Ensure and promote collaboration within Global Legal and cross-functionally (Finance, Tax, Brand, market teams etc.)
- Actively participate and support the implementation of new initiatives and identify improvement potential to ensure efficient Legal & Compliance processes in close alignment with the wider Global Legal community.
- Act as a line manager for junior team members of responsibility, implying to define quarterly objectives (business & developmental) and evaluate performance. Provide coaching and development feedback to team members.
- Web3/Metaverse Studio and Digital senior leadership, and selected other Senior Leaders
- Global Legal teams (Legal Sportsmarketing & Business Affairs, Legal Trademarks, Global Legal Innovations, Privacy, Compliance etc.)
- Other functions supporting Web3 and Digital & Tech projects, incl. Finance, Brand, Digital, Tech, Comms and HR
- Demonstrates and consistently delivers project management skills to ensure quality execution and alignment.
- Ability to manage and lead internal and external multidisciplinary, cross-functional groups: finance, InfoSec, legal, comms, etc.
- Highly results driven and self-motivated team player with compassion, integrity, trust and perseverance.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a high degree of customer orientation; can navigate easily within complex organizations, connect with a variety of functions, audiences, management styles, or cultures and create/foster auditee relationships.
- Curious and growth mindset; keen to learn and approach subjects outside of comfort zone, look beyond the obvious.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as senior audience's presentation skills.
- Passionate about technology, best practices, and innovation
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 10+ years working experience as a lawyer, with both in-house and big law firm experience; ideally with additional substantial startup experience
- 10+ years legal experience in commercial/contract law and IP area incl. clearance, development, licensing and enforcement
- Solid working knowledge of blockchain technologies
- Solid working knowledge of product counseling, corporate law, privacy
- Solid working knowledge of NFTs, web3, and relevant legal concepts
- Demonstrates a strategic, innovative, and creative frame of mind, with strong business acumen and judgment
- Ability to translate high tech and crypto developments into applicable legal concepts
- Takes initiative and ownership, and operates with a sense of urgency, decisiveness, and responsiveness
- Open to business related travel